Applying for a job is… 1. A job on its own, 2. A very expensive process

wahi

Apr 18, 2011
I sit and observe and sometimes give a hand my b.friend as he is applying for a job and man…what a process. So far we have made so many applications, send letters, cv to almost all the places that say they have got a job and they have all been mute except for one who emailed back saying please send us your cv while the cv was already sent to them! Well, at least they wrote back.
Composing a letter, printing it and posting it- is expensive. At least the process will cost you 2000 tshs so if you sent to 10 places that is already 20000 imagine continuing doing that while you in the first place doesn’t not have a job which most of the time means no job= no source of income.
We then opted using emails. Thanks to all the sites out there for jobs opportunities but my !you send an email and no one gets back to you, well at least a “thank you we got your application!” email. Come one it does not cost that much and you could set an automatic response…how about that.
Well, I guess people in the forum are already in the other side of the bench, please try to be nice and considerate…whatever that means to you.
And what I totally don’t understand is how when I go to offices I get a bad service…if you also worked this hard to get that job you are hanging on why are you now so proud! Neglected your duties! Or wenzetu mnanjia za mikato so you don’t know what a challenge applying for a job is really is.
I am still hopefully, he has a good accountant certificate maybe a door will open, a bigger pray I have is once I finish school, things will be different…
If you are also in the same boat…God bless
I sit and observe and sometimes give a hand my b.friend as he is applying for a job and man…what a process. So far we have made so many applications, send letters, cv to almost all the places that say they have got a job and they have all been mute except for one who emailed back saying please send us your cv while the cv was already sent to them! Well, at least they wrote back.
Composing a letter, printing it and posting it- is expensive. At least the process will cost you 2000 tshs so if you sent to 10 places that is already 20000 imagine continuing doing that while you in the first place doesn’t not have a job which most of the time means no job= no source of income.
We then opted using emails. Thanks to all the sites out there for jobs opportunities but my !you send an email and no one gets back to you, well at least a “thank you we got your application!” email. Come one it does not cost that much and you could set an automatic response…how about that.
Well, I guess people in the forum are already in the other side of the bench, please try to be nice and considerate…whatever that means to you.
And what I totally don’t understand is how when I go to offices I get a bad service…if you also worked this hard to get that job you are hanging on why are you now so proud! Neglected your duties! Or wenzetu mnanjia za mikato so you don’t know what a challenge applying for a job is really is.
I am still hopefully, he has a good accountant certificate maybe a door will open, a bigger pray I have is once I finish school, things will be different…
If you are also in the same boat…God bless

Back
Top Bottom