Anyone know what this terrible thing is?

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
She first noticed an odd black patch on her baby’s stomach when she held him for the first time.

However, doctors assured Sylvia Atieno that it was a birth mark that would gradually disappear as baby Stanley grew older.
PIX+2.jpg

Stanley Badia, 8, who has a dark blotch covering the stomach, back and groin area. The growth has now formed folds around the young boy’s waist and back. Photo/MICHAEL MUTE

Eight years later, Stanley’s body is a sea of moles and folds of dark skin threatening to cover every part of the body. Ms Atieno noticed that the ‘birth mark’ was growing when Stanley was still a toddler.

She took him to hospital where he was given medicine, but the spots continued to spread to his hands, feet and face.

Formed folds

From a spot, the dark blotch extended to cover the stomach, back and groin area. The growth has now formed folds around the young boys waist and back.

This makes it difficult for him to bend or sit comfortably on a chair.

Ms Atieno’s life has consisted of monthly visits to Kenyatta National Hospital.

“Every time I go to hospital they give me pain killers and advice me to feed him well. Last month the doctors told me that it was a mole disease and that there is no cure,” she said.

Born in 2001, Stanley is the first of three children born to Ms Atieno and her husband who works as a casual worker in Dandora.

Unlike other boys his age, Stanley is quiet and withdrawn.

While his classmates at Dandora Primary School play and run around, Stanley often watches from the sidelines.

“Sometimes I play with my friends but when my body becomes too painful I stop,” murmured the shy boy. He has two friends who he loves to play football with, he said.

In class, Stanley said he cannot sit for long hours because his body becomes sore. During lessons he keeps shifting and standing to ease the pain. The itching causes extra discomfort.

His class teacher, Ms Grace Mbaria, describes him as an average student.

“Sometimes he goes out to play like the other children, but other times he stays back during physical education (PE) lessons,” she said.

Stanley’s mother fears that it may not only be his education that suffers. “He does not sleep well and eats very little,” she says. Since sitting on the sofa can be painful, he spends most of the time on a carpet laid out especially for him.

During one of the visits to hospital when the doctor was explaining that nothing could be done, young Stanley burst into tears. His mother recounts: “He asked me ‘Why is my body different from the other children?’”

“I assure him that one day he will be better but he cried ‘But the doctor said I won’t get better’. I didn’t know what to tell him,” said the sad 24-year-old mother.

I can imagine the situation of family members on the problem. Inatisha, especially drs. wanapokupa assurance kuwa hii itapona tu halafu baada ya muda hali inakuwa mbaya.

Dks hawana utaalamu wa kutosha au wanakosa reserach/maabara/equipment za kuweza kudadisi matatizo kama hayo kwa uhakika. Inasikitisha.
Hakuna changamoto kwani kila aliye kwenye madaraka, akipata problem atapelekwa kutibiwa India au Switzerland au Uingereza, wengine hufia huko!!

Huko kwetu kuna msemo usemao makaburi mengi ni ya maskini!

Mungu saidia apatikana mfadhili binafsi, shirika la dini, balozi, etc wamsaidie huyo mtoto apelekwe kule matibabu yanaweze patikana!

Ni wakati muafaka hii familia itafute alternative source ya kumsaidia kijana wao. Waachane na stori za Kenyatta National Hospital maana muda unakwenda na hawawezi kufanya lolote. Angeomba wasamalia wamsaidie kumplekea nje.

During one of the visits to hospital when the doctor was explaining that nothing could be done,

Hapo ndipo MUUJIZA kutoka kwa muumba mwenyewe unapohitajika kufanya kazi - if the mother has faith in God and believe that GOD IS A MIRACLE GOD - halafu mtoto akajengwa imani yake kuwa NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD - hakika MUUJIZA UTATOKEA na huo ugonjwa utaondoka kwa njia ya MAOMBI - in JESUS NAME

Pale mwanadamu anapofikia mwisho - as quoted above from the Doctor - ndipo Mungu anapoanzia.
May God pave a way - for this child to be healed and let the name of God be glorified in this sad issue. - If anyone can reach the family - please do so or someone give us contacts (if possible)

Back
Top Bottom