Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Another blow for CCM as councillor defects

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by nngu007, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nngu007

nngu007 JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Thu, Apr 19th, 2012

Tanzania | Thursday, April 19th 2012

Chama cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (CHADEMA), Mr Freeman Mbowe

The ruling party, Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) has continued suffering yet another blow after one of its councillors, Mr Alphnonse Mawazo of Sombetini ward in Arusha Municipality defected and joined Chadema.

The defection came two days after the
    Arusha Youth's Wing Chairman Mr James Ole Millya announced his defection and joined Chadema as well.Mr Mawazo, who was received yesterday in Dodoma by Chadema National Chairman, Mr Freeman Mbowe and other top party officials, said he defected from CCM after realizing that it is drifting astray.

"The bus that I have been travelling in for many years is no longer a good for me, and for this reason without any influence I today declare that I defect and officially join Chadema, the party which I believe is for real change," Mr Mawazo told reporters.

He said that it is no longer possible to safeguard public interests inside CCM and whoever claimed so was deceiving the public as the party was dominated with corrupt members and nothing was being done to rid it from such elements.

Mr Mawazo said that he had been planning to leave the party for a while now because he felt like he had been called by God to join the opposition party.He also noted that only clean members defect from CCM unlike assertions by CCM Youths' Wing Secretary General, Mr Martin Shigella that defecting members are bad elements who leave because the cleansing exercise has taken effect.

On his part, CHADEMA chairman Mr Freeman Mbowe said that the party has happily received the decision made by Mr Mawazo to join the party, saying that it was an indication that the party's popularity and acceptance is increasing.

By CHRISTOPHER MAJALIWA, Tanzania Daily News

2. nngu007

nngu007 JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Chadema as a party has to be very careful to selecting who's Joining it's Party

First, they are not supposed just to hold news conferences without consulting Chadema first and not all who joining

Chadema should be publicized for the betterment of the party for the future party Unity and strength.
  3. zaleo

zaleo JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
  4. Dingswayo

Dingswayo JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I think anybody is free to join Chadema if he/she wishes at any time. Likewise he/she is free to make an announcement about his/her intentions of joining CDM without consulting anyone. You and I can do that too. It is only when one is vying for a leadership post within the party, that ones credibility and ability for the post should be considered.
  5. Ntemi Kazwile

Ntemi Kazwile JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    As a political party it is difficult not to accept a Tanzanian who has no criminal record but what CHADEMA should do is to critically screen whoever aspires to become a leader as it is at the leadership level that they can easily be conned!
  6. Mungi

Mungi JF Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Anybody is free to joing CHADEMA, but the challenge is what purposes made him join the party

MAMA POROJO JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Hii thread ipo tangu jana inaweza kuunaganishwa tofauti ni lugha tu hii imekuja kwa kiingereza
  8. M

Mpanzi JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Its a constututional right for any citizen to join any political party of his/her choice, however political parties might have a clause in their constitution to scrutinize whoever wants to join it and reserve the right of accepting or rejecting him/her.
  9. T

TEMILUGODA JF-Expert Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Other things remain equal,CHADEMA is the most strategic party at hitherto.