Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Ancelotti appointed Chelsea boss

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bikra, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Bikra

Bikra Senior Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Former AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has been appointed Chelsea manager on a three-year deal.
    The 49-year-old Italian left the Rossoneri on Sunday after guiding them to a third-place finish in Serie A.
    He will officially take over on 1 July and replaces Russia coach Guus Hiddink, who ended his stint as Blues manager with an FA Cup triumph on Saturday.
    "Carlo was the outstanding candidate for the job," read a statement on the Chelsea website.
    "He has proved over a long period his ability to build teams that challenged for, and have been successful in, major domestic and European competitions.
    He also had a highly successful playing career in those competitions and therefore brings unparalleled all round experience to the job."
    Ancelotti, whose English is limited, spent eight seasons at Milan and becomes the club's fifth manager in 21 months following Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Hiddink.
    Ancelotti released an autobiography last week in which he described a meeting with Roman Abramovich following the sacking of Grant, with the Chelsea owner telling Ancelotti he wanted a team with more "personality".
    Since agreeing to the switch, Ancelotti has revealed the attraction of the Premier League was behind his decision.
    "I would like to thank the Milan team, the Milan company, players and Milan fans. I had eight very good years there, and five years as a player, but now I think is the right moment for a new challenge and I want to put all my energy into Chelsea," he told Chelsea TV.
    "Now it is time to change and I think Chelsea was a great opportunity and a great team to do a new experience.
    "I like the Premier League because there are great teams and they play good football. Now there are more tactical matches and very speedy, I like this football. The teams think to defend well and afterwards to attack. I watch Chelsea, I watch Liverpool I watch Manchester United, I know very well English football."
    Although he gave what is believed to be his first full interview in English to announce his arrival at Chelsea, Ancelotti conceded it would be hard to grasp the language immediately - something that former Blues manager Scolari was criticised for.
    He stated: "For me, it is not easy. I want to learn, I want to improve and when we start the new season I want to speak well because it is important to speak with the players, the team, the assistant and the people who will work with me.
    "I believe in teamwork. It is the most important thing to create a group that work together to build a dream. The players must have a strong organisation and strong discipline and strong motivation. I hope to do this the right way to arrive at success."
    During his time at Milan, Ancelotti twice won the Champions League, in 2003 and 2007, as well as the Serie A title in 2004 and believes he is the man to deliver Chelsea their elusive first Champions League title.
    "For me, the Champions League is a beautiful sensation because when I played I won two times in 1989 and 1990 and it was a fantastic achievement," he enthused. "And it was the same as a coach in 2003 and 2007. Champions League, for me, is the best competition in the world and all teams want to win it.
    "Five semi-finals in six years is a beautiful score but now we need to win."
    With key players such as Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and Nicolas Anelka in their thirties, former Chelsea winger Pat Nevin believes Ancelotti will have to oversee a period of transition.
    "His English is good. I don't think he will have a problem with the language," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.
    "But he may well have other problems. Over the next period of time he will be a coach trying to build a dynasty at Chelsea. This is what they have tried to do all the way through and they have not been able to do so.
  2. Oxlade-Chamberlain

Oxlade-Chamberlain JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    simuoni kuleta kombe la champions league hapo stamford bridge.zaidi mtakachofanya ni kumlipa mamilioni ya kuvunja nae mkataba next summer.

TIMING JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Vialli, Gullit, Ranieri, Maurinho, Grant, Scolari, Hiddinks, Ancelloti, ***** the drama continues!!!

8 managers 2 premiers, a few kombes za kinesi and thats it!!!!!

Fergies once said something like no matter what they do, they will continue to be a small club in London

Thats Chelskum Bus Services at its best.... many passengers
  4. Swahilian

Swahilian JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Up chelsea up da blues! Enemies could only hunt for your fall but dem cant play your role' chelsea the stars bridge, coaches college 4 evaaah!!!
  5. Lambardi

Lambardi JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Duu this another new episode...
  6. StaffordKibona

StaffordKibona JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Eight manangers but two premier champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hii kali

fergie was right that they will remain underdogs
  7. Belo

Belo JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    MTN hii kali kweli
  8. Mbu

Mbu JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    ...plus £676m spent so far! ha ha haaa...:D
  9. Oxlade-Chamberlain

Oxlade-Chamberlain JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    na bado media ya uingereza inamuandama wenger na kuhoji uwezo wake.
  10. Eqlypz

Eqlypz JF-Expert Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Kwa muda ambao Arsene Wenger amekaa Arsenal alitakiwa awe ameshinda vikombe vingiz zaidi ya alivyoshinda na Champions league iwe mojawapo.
  11. Kaizer

Kaizer JF-Expert Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Hilo la lugha litamwangusha mapema kabisa,..
  12. Masanilo

Masanilo JF-Expert Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Ramos ni kocha mzuri nani Mspaniola, alifanikiwa sana alipokuwa na Sevilla, alipokuja Totenham, alifungashiwa virago, na sababu lukuki lugha ikiwa ni moja wapo! Akakuchukua mikoba ya Bern Schuster. Juande Ramos ni Msapanish lugha haikuwa tatizo, lakini jana ametimulia na nafasi yake kachukua Manuel Pellegrini....nadhani kufundisha mpira ni zaidi ya kujua kiingereza.

Carlo wacha apewe nafasi anaweza kuleta mafanikio pale darajani

13. Belo

Belo JF-Expert Member

Jun 3, 2009
    We mzee Wenger pia una matatizo mengi tu