Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Aliyekua AG wa Kenya, Amos Wako ajiunga na ODM

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by Ab-Titchaz, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Ab-Titchaz

Ab-Titchaz Content Manager Staff Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Wako joins ODM, to run for Busia senate seat[​IMG]

By ISAAC ONGIRI iongiri@ke.nationmedia.com
    Posted Thursday, September 27 2012 at 16:58
    In Summary

• Mr Wako declares he would be contesting the Busia County senate seat on an ODM ticket.
    • Mr Odinga says ODM not bothered by reports some of its members are planning to ditch the party.

Prime Minister Raila Odinga's presidential bid got a major political boost after former Attorney General Amos Wako announced he was joining ODM Thursday.

Mr Wako, who was received by Mr Odinga at a brief ceremony at Orange House, Nairobi also declared he would be contesting the Busia County senate seat on an ODM ticket.

The former AG said that he has been under pressure from the people of Busia to join elective politics since his retirement last year.

"ODM is the party of choice for the people of Busia and my decision has been made after thorough consultations," Mr Wako stated.

He said his desire to ensure proper constitutional reforms will continue and that the party is the avenue to a realistic implementation of the Constitution.

"Kenyans want a leader who is committed in letter and spirit to the implementation of the new Constitution and the Prime Minister here guarantees that," Mr Wako stated.

Western Kenya votes

Mr Odinga, who led three ODM ministers in the brief event at the party headquarters, said he was happy to associate with the former AG whose entry into the party is likely to scale up the competition for the western Kenya votes.

"Mr Wako has had a distinguished career in the public service and we are happy that he is joining us today," said Mr Odinga.

He said ODM was not bothered by reports some of its members are planning to ditch the party.

Mr Odinga said adequate mechanisms have been put in place to ensure the ODM campaign is not undermined by the anticipated defections.

"People are defecting for different reasons. ODM is a free party we cannot stop people from leaving if they have made a decision to do so. While they leave some others will join."

During the event, Mr Wako was presented with a life membership certificate by the party's secretary general Anyang' Nyong'o.

Cabinet ministers Paul Otuoma and Ababu Namwamba and assistant minister Sospeter Ojaamong were also present.

Wako joins ODM, to run for Busia senate seat - Politics - nation.co.ke

2. Kabaridi

Kabaridi JF-Expert Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Wakenya wengine eeih!! kuna dalili kuwa Raila amepoteza umaarufu wake. Hafadhali ajitayarishe kurudi nyumbani. Huyu ndio amejipa sifa tele ya kupigania katiba mpya mpaka ameandika kitabu cha the second liberation. Yuko tayari kufanya kazi na yeyote wakati mswada wa integrity imesha kamilika.

Tathmini ya ODM na kinara wake ni hivi, wameshatambua njia zote za kutafuta kuingia ikulu kihaki zimepungua na sasa wako tayari kutumia njia mpaka za mkato. Ameanza kutafuta akina nyayo na wako. Poleni.

3. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 28, 2012
    By the way mkuu Kabaridi on a personal note who is your prefered candidate for the Presidency?...
    maana all I see out there are tainted individuals (I'm referring to the so called front runners.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  4. Kabaridi

Sep 28, 2012
    Hehehe lol ndugu yangu mkuu hapa sijui niseme aje. I had a soft spot for emerging candidates like peter kenneth, Ole kiyapi, Raphael Tuju, martha karua and the rest (though these two have dined and wined with some of these so called questionable frontrunners) to at least sell their political agendas. But because kenyan politics are highly attached with convenient tribal and populist slurs, if push come to shove it is UHURU. Now do not get me wrong Ab-Titchaz and crew one has to automatically settle for something. isn't it?

I cannot back Mudavadi, Wako, Gumo, Kosgey, gideon Moi, Ruto, or other tame Nyayo offsprings hoodwinking people under the name of reforms in ODM. These were and are always meant to be insiders/party joyriders. They have at one time done the "devils'" bidding....

If I was Raila's ADC I would automatically make sure these people seek other means of getting into elective positions. But that is not always to be the case in Kenya as we have currently seen politics is not about credibilty or integrity, but about the numbers game. Kenyan politics does not matter who your running mate is.

5. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 28, 2012
    Mkuu,

I believe me and you are sailing in the same boat but as we know politics is about deep pockets all other
    matters withstanding. I believe the men with the deepest pockets right now on the Kenyan political scene
    are Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga and these are the people are I see in the event of any likely runoff.

Now that is where folks have to pick their 'devil'...and between those two I would rather pick Raila for
    reasons that are obvious.

Shukran.

P.S. Whats the deal with Kibaki and his support for Musalia yet mtoto ya nyoomba is in the running?

6. Kabaridi

Sep 28, 2012
  7. Ab-Titchaz

Sep 28, 2012
    He is clearly running around with an empty bus...if he was a serious contender I believe he would
    have bagged Wako...being a fellow Luhya/Westerner lakini ndo hivyo tena!

8. Kabaridi

Sep 28, 2012
    There is usually a sharp divison among the luhyas. That is why the bukusu train lol headed by Eugene will derail if any people from Vihiga and Busia try to abode. So this is what RAO is capitalizing on lucky him he is always on the right spot at the right time.

9. Kabaridi

Sep 30, 2012
    There is usually no question when it comes to Raila character, who is viewed as an effective and fiery political operative. But would you rather choose a leader who's stand keeps changing every day especially on illeagal groups such as MRC.

10. Lekanjobe Kubinika

Lekanjobe Kubinika JF-Expert Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Mitu ya Kenya hiyo. wanataka kukalia kwa kiti cha parliament na ile seat ya President. Sasa mutu ipi nzuri sana kuzidi nyingine? ngoja kwa kura ije, tajua tu. Wapeni wakora wkalie kwa seat za leadership muone ile raha yake kuliko pilipili. Haraaaaaaaambeeeeeee!

11. Koborer

Koborer JF-Expert Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Couldn't Wako just find something else to do? He going to soil his reputation by joining these dirty politics.

12. s

symon karanja Member

Oct 1, 2012
    T NA unda Uhuru the parry to watch as it takes it come nxt year and i can bet on dat .........i believe