Al-Shabaab Falls: KDF finally capture port city of Kismayu

Hizi nchi zote Uganda,Kenya,Burundi,Pakistan na makundi mengine moja moja ni kama vile mbwa tu wa kuwindia ngawira za wakubwa.Hakuna cha kufurahia wala cha kutambia.
Boti,drone na vyengine ni zana za kazi kutoka kwa wakubwa.Wenyewe wanakimbia maeneo waliyojitwalia.Itakuwaje Kenya na wenzake tutaweza kuhimili kufa kila siku kwa miripuko ya kujitoa muhanga?.Usidhani wasomali watalala wakubali kutawaliwa na makafiri.
Wamechokozwa na kusingiziwa uongo mwingi.Eti wanateka meli nyara.Nani kaona hivyo vitendo.Si wote mnasoma tu.Uchokokozi na visingizio hivi ndivyo vinavyopelekea dunia kuwa pahala pabaya kuishi.

Hongera sana kwa kuwakumbatia El-Shabab, kwa vile siyo makafiri. Kafiri ni nani?

Mind you. No proof has been given so far which tie Al shabaab with turists abduction. None.
The gvt put out statements for public consumption so they can have their war. A proxy war by the way!

If you have evidence that Al shabaab kidnapped tourists please share it here.

Okay, even if we omit the tourists, there are many other instances where Al- Shabaab abducted people from Kenyan soil and bragged about it. Local businessmen, nuns and even soldiers were not spared. Were we to ignore all these? Why are you one sided? What benefits did Al-Shabaab bring to Somalis other than suffering, amputations and killings? Are you happy that these continue to visited on a people?

Okay, even if we omit the tourists, there are many other instances where Al- Shabaab abducted people from Kenyan soil and bragged about it. Local businessmen, nuns and even soldiers were not spared. Were we to ignore all these? Why are you one sided? What benefits did Al-Shabaab bring to Somalis other than suffering, amputations and killings? Are you happy that these continue to visited on a people?

do you have any proof of what you claim??? Who formed the somali government and where it was constructed and who financed it ???

The bragging you are talking about is the type of Osama's who continued to speak over cnn for ten years after his death.And always the public was prepared to listen to him hours before He went on air.And the same thing like people told to evacuate a place as there is going to be a bomb blast.Are humans becoming chicken now with such these propagandas?.

There was a government in formation already when Kenya and its master started encroachment in Somalia.

With due respect, if you could just delve a little deeper into your history, you will recognise that Kenya has in the past been part of international efforts to bring peace to Somalia. An unstable Somalia is dangerous to Kenya, whose resources are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of refugees crossing into their territory. Kenya has its own Somali population and the instability has in the past caused trouble to these Kenyan Somalis as the govt sought to establish who the bona fide citizens were (refer to Moi era Pink Cards).
At one time Kenya hosted the entire Somali govt and parliament in Nairobi. When the African Union first intervened, Somalis were emphatic that they would not accept a peace keeping force that included Kenyan, Djibouti and Ethiopian Armies as they felt these three neighbours had vested interests- Ethiopia too has a significant Somali population. That is how the Burundi and Ugandan Armies ended up in Somalia.

The Kenyan excursion into Somalia was as a result of Al Shabaab extending its nefarious activities beyond the Somali borders, harming Kenyan security and especially tourism interests. You don't need a big brother to come tell you kill snakes that have entered your house.

Wewe itakuwa ni mlalahoi kama mimi.Huna taarifa nyingi ndani ya serikali na hufuatilii matukio.Hivi Somalia na Ethiopia nani wamesababisha maafa zaidi kwa Kenya kuliko mwengine.Kwanini mnachagua adui wa kupambana nae.Hii ni dalili tosha kuwa kazi ya Somalia ni ya kutumwa tu.
Ukiuliza Tanzania unajidanganya tu.Wote ni mbwa koko tu hawana chao na hawaamui kwa akili zao.Wao na mfalme Abdullah sawa sawa.

Do you really expect people to go to war each time you have a cross border raid by rival clans/tribes? That is basically what happens on the Ethiopia-Kenya border with the Oromo/Borana (the very same group but name changes with nationality) conflict. Then if we follow your line of argument then Kenya should have invaded Tanzania in August. Read this article: Standard Digital News : Tanzanians invade border town, burn trading centre . The reason many people miss out such 'incidents' is because with a country that has a functioning government, diplomatic solutions are sought. In fact there are so many disputes along the entire Kenya-Tanzania border that we don't ever hear of because the district commissioners and local govt authorities are constantly in touch to deal with them e.g. cross border cattle raids, petty crime ..

Al shabaab, made a fatal mistake when they provoked Kenya. Kenya send her tropps into Somalia to deal with Al shabaab. Now Eleven Months down the road, Al-shabaab is no more. it is not only defeated, it is annihilated. There are few hot heads running around with small arms but the end is nigh.

East Africa Economic Report: KIsmayu: We got it right Al shabaab is annihilated

Be careful about the picture you are trying to portray here...I support the decision to force out of Somalia the shabaab...but thinking you have had the total solution for them is underestimating the problems the fundamentalists have always had.

Be careful about the picture you are trying to portray here...I support the decision to force out of Somalia the shabaab...but thinking you have had the total solution for them is underestimating the problems the fundamentalists have always had.

You;re right. Fundamentalists have a problem admitting defeat, they always want to fight to the last man. But whether they want to fight to the lastt man or want to fight to the few standing men, Al shabaab a sa fighting force is no more.
I know they shall go around throwing hand grenades in churches or ambushing and Killing government officials as they did to day.
But can they sustain that strategy. It is self-defeatist. That is why I can boldly say Al-Shabaab is now History, perhaps a footnote of history.

You;re right. Fundamentalists have a problem admitting defeat, they always want to fight to the last man. But whether they want to fight to the lastt man or want to fight to the few standing men, Al shabaab a sa fighting force is no more.
I know they shall go around throwing hand grenades in churches or ambushing and Killing government officials as they did to day.
But can they sustain that strategy. It is self-defeatist. That Iis I can boldly say Al-Shabaab is now History, perhaps a foot not of history.
Is Taliban history now?
What was the number of casualities on both sides? ....
How many did you capture?
Aren't they incorporated to Al qaeda now? ... I think this is the typical case of a chocolate army claiming victory over a mob of gunslinging loonies! ... YOU DONT ANNIHILATE THEM, YOU CONTAIN THEM!

Is Taliban history now?
What was the number of casualities on both sides? ....
How many did you capture?
Aren't they incorporated to Al qaeda now? ... I think this is the typical case of a chocolate army claiming victory over a mob of gunslinging loonies! ... YOU DONT ANNIHILATE THEM, YOU CONTAIN THEM!

Al shabaab was not a match for Kenyan forces. I don't know what you mean by a chocolate army. But if you mean the army was battle hardened, then t it can pack a powerful punch. As for gun slinging goons-pYou must be a joker-any one packing a AK47 is athreat to anyone else.
The last timer I heard of any casualties on Kenyan side; it was one or two. Iam only aware of one officer dead in action. As for Al-Shabaab, WE may be talking of several hundreds, perhaps thousand, i don't know. May be we should both investigate this line

You can only contain them, you can't eradicate'em.
You send the troops, occupy the city (port in this case), you stay for a cpl months/yrs hunting each other... you withdraw to send the troops back again in a cpl of yrz!

Don't u get this vicious cycle?

hiyo amani ingalianza kuwekwa kwenye hizo nchi zinazojifanya zimekwenda kuweka amani . Maana si kenya wala uganda wala ethiopia hizo nchi hazina amani wala hiyo demokrasia. Tutaona mengi Mungu atupe uhai

Get serious!So kenyans should have accomodated more and more terror madness from shebab eti juu kenya kuna visa vya kukosa amani?
And dont you forget insecurity in somalia is a major catalyst of insecurity in kenya and the whole of eac because of proliferation of illegal arms.

Hii vita inawacost sana watani zetu wa jadi
All the best maana Nairobi ya enzi zile si ya sasa watu wanaishi kwa hofu ya milipuko ya Al shababy

Ami,
For record it is not Kenya that dismantled the Islamic courts union. It was Ethiopia. This i agree was done after some prodding by the US. Kenya had no problem with this group. It is Ethiopia and the US who didn't like them. As for the Al- Shabaab, it is they who brought the war to us not the other way round. We know that by going in to sort them, there will be a price to pay. We are prepared and we don't regret.

Point on!We would have been fools not to expect the price .We will win this one regardless of what has happened elsewhere(sjui Iraq,Afghan) it doesnt matter whether we shall be the first.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a government in formation already when Kenya and its master started encroachment in Somalia.I mean the the Union of Islamic courts.Even these so called Shabaabs had their own chain of command.The problem is Kenya has been used to dismantle those systems as they are not wanted to reign.
In this case the obvious thing is not the lack of who to talk with but reluctance to talk to certaiin groups.This is not peace loving habit,and can mount to be another method of terrorism.I repeat to tell you that the war with Somalis has just begun.

Your line of thought is quite appalling my friend.Treating a self confessed terror group, openly allied to alqaeda on the same length as a Government.Dunia ina waja kweli

[h=2]Two Kenyan police officers shot dead near Somalia border[/h]Two police officers have been shot dead and their rifles stolen in the northern Kenyan town of Garissa, near the Somalia border. The shootings occurred just hours after a grenade attack killed a nine-year-old boy in the country’s capital of Nairobi. Authorities suspect members of the al Shabaab militant group are responsible for the grenade attack. Kenya has been hit by a series of gun and grenade violence since it sent troops into Somalia last October in search of al Shabaab militants.

link Kenya

Your line of thought is quite appalling my friend.Treating a self confessed terror group, openly allied to alqaeda on the same length as a Government.Dunia ina waja kweli
Atleast your friends have talked politics...goverment to talk with , Alshabaab no more and annihiliated....But you are talking nonsense even if highly publicised.
Who allied Alshabaab with Alqaeda.Afterall who formed these groups?

Back
Top Bottom