Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

After Google Inc,Now Paypal has also chosen Kenya

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by kayundi2, Sep 10, 2010.

1. k

kayundi2 JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Do you remember me posting a post about Google services in Kenya ie paying all its African employees in Kenya Shillings...due to what it said about confidence in Kenyan Economy?
    Now Paypal has also landed in Kenya.Making it the 2nd African Country where its citizens can send and receive money via Paypal only after South Africa.
    i know this will spur E-Commerce in Kenya.Hongera Paypal in the trust you have put on Kenya banking Industry.

Check This post
    During the world cup period it was with much excitement that paypal announced they would add South Africa to the list of countries that they would enhance support for by enabling members to recieve funds to their paypal accounts.Kenya is now proudly on the same list and together with South Africa are the only two countries in Africa from which you can send and recieve funds to your paypal account.
    For a list of which features are supported in which country you can visit their country list page here;

2. RealDeal

RealDeal JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    That's good news to me; i have always yearned for this to happen.

3. m

mjukuu2009 Member

Sep 10, 2010
    New Constitution,Collision Government,1st economic country in EA,New Kenya=Democratic East African Country.
    Old Constitution,50 years CCM ruling poor part,Last economic country in EA with many resource,Old Tanzania=Chakachua East African Country.

Add more please,
    :A S-danger:

4. Abdulhalim

Abdulhalim JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    This is joke ..right?

Unless u don't know how paypal works, without having a registered american account this service is as good as useless to majority of locals.

Mstake ncheke miye..

5. Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni

Kibanga Ampiga Mkoloni JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Naamini target yao sio majority kenyan, but itakuwa wale wakenya walio nje ya nchi na inasemekana jamaa walio kuwa nje ya nchi wanatuma sana hela nyumbani, so it will good business kwa paypal kama wataweza kuwapata hao wanao tuma hla nyumbani.

6. Abdulhalim

Sep 10, 2010
    Watatuma hela kivipi?

7. Sikonge

Sikonge JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Paypal ni kitu safi sana. Labda tu kama hufahamu hii kitu ndiyo utaona ni kioja.

I wish hata Tanzania ingelianza maana inakufanya tayari kuwa kama vile unaishi nchi za First World.

Kwa mfano ukiwa Kenya, utaweza kuuza na kununua kitu kutoka nchi zote zile kubwa. Malipo huwa ni rahisi sana kwani huhitaji usumbufu wa Bank na pia siyo rahisi kuibiwa pesa na matapeli kwani wewe data zako zote zinabaki kwenye PAYPAL na huyo muuzaji/mnunuzi data zake zinabaki palepale. Pia malipo ya PayPal ni kidogo sana kulinganisha na malipo ya Bank kama unataka kutuma pesa sehemu kwa kununua au kumtumia nduguyo.

Wenzetu sasa si ajabu wakasahau kutumia Western Union na kulizwa hela kibao kwa kutuma na kupokea pesa. Pia wanaweza kuanza kuuza vitu moja kwa moja kwenye EBAY au ALIBABA, moja ya minada mikubwa sana duniani.

8. Smatta

Smatta JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    If you are really learned as you usually claim to be, dont you think its obvious they did market research before coming to Kenya. of all the African countries(stable Tanzania included), why did they opt for S.A and Kenya? thats simple maths son, you dont need a degree to decipher such a post, we have potential, we've been through it all, we will rise from the ash like the phoenix. watch us do us..

9. Abdulhalim

Sep 10, 2010
    Dear astronaut,

Sasa hebu niambie, post yako inajibu vipi post yangu?

Bwe he he he..

10. RealDeal

Sep 10, 2010
    Dear Friend, you know you appear pathetic when you try to feign intellect.

11. Abdulhalim

Sep 10, 2010
    Explain how so that we can let the readers know who exactly is pathetic? the ball is on ur side..

12. Abdulhalim

Sep 10, 2010
    Naona ReadNill kaingia mwituni, what she doesn't understand ni kwamba anaongea na paypal user, sio bystander.

13. e

ensconsed Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Well, smart Kenyans (as most of them are :)) are getting virtual accounts from US which function fully like bank accounts. Google "Payoneer US virtual bank account" and you will see what I am talking about.

There are rumours PayPal is talking to Equity Bank to support local withdrawals. In any case, even if that happens, I will prefer to use the US account because the government won't have any data to prove how much I am earning for taxation purposes.

I have already linked my PayPal account with one such account, and can withdraw from any ATM from Nairobi which supports MasterCard cards (all Payoneer cards are MasterCard). I am in the process of integrating my websites with PayPal and I can assure you the future looks bright.

Thanks PP

14. RealDeal

Sep 10, 2010
    Sawa basi Paypal user.

15. Abdulhalim

Sep 10, 2010
    This forums attracts so many jokers..lol

16. 3D.

3D. JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I am Tanzanian. Full Stop. Now I just want to say one thing (Diverting a bit from paypal what what....). It is about Kenya. Kenya (Kenyans) is increasingly becoming a blessed country. After the Election storm they had before, now they can show to everybody they are one with a new constitution. In East Africa, it is only Kenyans who can claim to be able to change the Government leaders to whom they choose (at least from KANU to NARC). Kenyans can easily, I suppose, distinguish Ford from Ford Kenya and Ford Asili, ODM from ODM Kenya etc than many citizens in other two EA countries who may be greatly confused. There was a time in Ben Mkapa's time, Kenya was the leading investor in Tanzania followed by England and South Africa, I think the latter is the leading currently. How many Tanzanian leading businessmen are investors in Kenya?

In graphic design industry which I am working on it is Kenyans who introduced many of the designing skills through Mwananchi/The Citizen while Tanzanians trailing (sleeping and dreaming) from far.

In tourism industry, which country between Kenya and Tanzania is more blessed with natural attractions? It is Tanzania. Which country earns more from that industry? Kenya. Can't we Tanzanians see this?

Kiswahili is much more spoken in Tanzania than in Kenya, surprisingly Microsoft's Windows 7 recognizes Kiswahili as Kenyan. Let Tanzanians sleep again.

Now the issue of Google and Paypal. This is surely not a thing to ignore. Apart from many advantages folks have said in above posts, this will call international attention to Kenya. There are so many things I wish to buy from abroad for my Graphic design and animation works but I just can not achieve it because of "Sorry we do not ship to Tanzania." I recently wanted to buy a DVD from VideoCopilot (VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals) and sadly they gave me such a reply (And they have a genuine reason, I do not blame them).

The problem here, Tanzanian have the tendency of only pulling up their bed sheets, sleep while saying "Uzalendo." Eventually is them (us) who are scared of East Africa Common Market saying they (we) are not ready.

Viva Kenya.

It is me Jake Sully signing off (Inspiratiion from James Cameron's Movie - Avatar).

(Criticism is welcomed).

17. e

ensconsed Member

Sep 10, 2010
    What exactly in my post did you find funny, if I may ask? Everything i said is a FACT FACT FACT. Good luck refuting it

18. 3D.

3D. JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
  19. Abdulhalim

Sep 10, 2010
    I thought I found the word 'rumour' in ur post?
    Ok, u and i both knows ni waafrika wangapi wanapata umeme, account benki, achilia mbali kuwa na credit cards. If we have stats then we can talk about how Kenia is SO FAR AHEAD kwa sababu watakuwa wanaeza kuchukua na kuweka pesa kwenye a/c zao pp. this is still a big joke to me.

20. Mpogoro

Mpogoro JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010

Sidhani kama huko sawa katika hili.Angalia implementation ya PayPal in South Africa...haitegemei kuwa na account ya bank huko marekani...kuna taasisi ya fedha inaitwa First National Bank ambayo imeshughulikia hili.Nafikiri changamoto itakuwa kuwa bado mfumo hauja-ruhusu matumizi ya Rand(dollar is still in use) otherwise implementation inaweza kuwafikia watu wa kawaida kabisa!