African Satellite World and Sat Gear

gd morning guys,am interested in acquiring a satellite meter.how much does it cost in nairobi?

Hi Kungu1 and other FTA people ...... (met some of you in other forums) ..... I have discovered this great forum too. I hope to post regularly. Keep up the good work.

gd morning guys,am interested in acquiring a satellite meter.how much does it cost in nairobi?
Between 1000 bob for a basic one to 25k for a really good one.. see below.
satfinder.jpeg satmeter.jpeg

Dear Satellite fanatics,
Today while browsing through the daily nation e-paper, i came across an item a certified ASAS addict like me cant resist. Its a big bad ass sony bravia tv that costs 3.4 million only. With this tv you can among other things reset scores to 0 - 0 when your team is loosing,(Arsenal fans are you listening) join in the action while watching por* na hata naskia kama unawatch cooking show kwa hii tv, utaonja hio food ikiiva.
Now dear friends theres is a slight problem, i am 3.39 million short, so i have organised a fund raising harambee tomorrow in my residence, for those who cant make it, my m-pesa line is open as well as my paybill number for this worthy cause. For those who want directions, theres no way you can miss my hse as its the only one in the neighbourhood with 7 sat dishes (uliza kwa madvd) nautaelekezwa.
thank you in advance

regards msondaa

come-experience-84-bravia-4k-led-tv-at-sony-world.jpg

THE FULL ARTICLE FROM THE PAPER

The Sh3.5 million Sony Bravia TV during its launch by Mr Shinya Mukaida, sales director, Sony Middle East and Africa (left); and Mr Haresh Gokals, MD, Anisuma Traders. Others present at the launch were Mr Rajeev Pallippamadam, chief representative, East Africa operations, Sony Middle East and Africa, and Mr Munoj Punjabi, director of Anisuma Traders. Below, LG's Sh1.7 million TV set launched last month. Photo/SALATON NJAU. NAIROBI

By JOHN NJIRU jnjiru@ke.nationmedia.com
Posted Wednesday, February 27 2013 at 18:58In Summary

• Last month, LG made tongues wag when it unveiled its Sh1.8 million 84-inch TV, while Sharp introduced its 80-inch Aquos LED TV for Sh1 million last November.
  • The X-Reality chip is capable of enhancing any content with low resolutions such as movies, photographs and games, into high-quality images with 4K resolution.

In a trend that is fast catching up with electronic firms in the country, Sony Wednesday unveiled its latest 84-inch television in what the company says is due to "a huge demand for home-experiences" in the country.
The Sony Bravia 4K Ultra HD TV will retail at Sh3.5 million per unit.
Kenya is said to be among the "few" countries where the TV set is selling.
The set boasts of high quality screen display; four times the resolution of the normal HD sets and more than 28 times that of the normal television set.
Exceed the sensation
"If you were amazed by the shift from Standard to High Definition, 4K, with four times the resolution of Full High Definition, will rekindle or even exceed that sensation. It virtually eliminates the line between television and reality to offer an unprecedented and revolutionary viewing experience," said Sony's sales management director Shinya Mukaida during the unveiling.
According to Mr Mukaida, the "average" Kenyan consumer is desirous of the best viewing experience for that amount of money.
The ceiling-high pricing is attributed to the "4K X-Reality PRO" super-resolution high-picture quality engine incorporated in the TV.
Last month, LG made tongues wag when it unveiled its Sh1.8 million 84-inch TV, while Sharp introduced its 80-inch Aquos LED TV for Sh1 million last November.
The Bravia has voice-activated and motion controls that put to an end the need for remote control units.
There is only one set in the country at the moment, which was specifically brought for the launch.
It will be on display at Anisuma Traders, the Sony products local distributors, at The Junction mall.
Sony's new Bravia was first introduced to the world last September.
The X-Reality chip is capable of enhancing any content with low resolutions such as movies, photographs and games, into high-quality images with 4K resolution.
It also comes with 3D glasses that do not require batteries.
The television features SimulView, a function allowing more than one viewer to watch a portion of the screen without necessarily splitting it.

This could prove handy to video-game enthusiasts and family members with different tastes in TV programmes aired at the same time.

sony+tv+pix.jpg

If you are seriously considering I would highly recommend a samsung tv rather than sony its never value for money.

and I need help with the satellite thing could someone please give me details of how to go about the process and which FTA channels I will be able to view for sure say in ngara area, Nairobi. Also the equipment i'll need and is it possible to do this yourself? as I like doing installations on my own when possible.

Thanks in advance :)

If you are seriously considering I would highly recommend a samsung tv rather than sony its never value for money.

and I need help with the satellite thing could someone please give me details of how to go about the process and which FTA channels I will be able to view for sure say in ngara area, Nairobi. Also the equipment i'll need and is it possible to do this yourself? as I like doing installations on my own when possible.

Hi Koora, whelcome to the sat world where we say so much more for so much less. From your location in Ngara the whole sky is yours to conquer. You can nab all the satellites from maesat@90e to ses4@22w. Get yourself an srt4922 or a skyboxf3 and a 120cm dish and you will be good to go.

PS: an ASAS addict wants and will do anything to get any new product in the market that will enhance his viewing experience.

Welcome to the world of Free to air. A world where there are no boundaries. in order to view what the satellites offer go to LyngSat and other sites.

I saw this pic in naira forum and it gave me an impetus to try the same here in Western Kenya.

nice.jpeg

Oh by the way Msonda natarajia utaanda mahamri tukija harambee

12608 V
DVB-S/MPEG-2
2590 3/4
ERI TV Earth
-w-
110 Ara/Tir
BISS
5A
Pan-Arab. its active now can any one confirm? please

Eurosport News (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
MITV (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
Sound City Premium (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
Metro TV (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
NTA Int (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
AIT Int UK (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
Channels TV (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
Silverbird TV (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
ARD 1 (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East
Iqraa Africa & Europe (MultiChoice Africa, 11862 H) FTA now Eutelsat 36B @ 36° East

Kungu1,

Have you ever picked Arabsat5A KU at 30.E at your location?

Good Afternoon ilish,

I can get some of the frequencies on Arabsat 5A.

As per tests carried out in December 2012, this are the results.
The strongest frequency from my end, 10766 V DVB-S2 QPSK SR 30000 carrying data..

8345091532_e80588ea05.jpg

The Strongest frequency hosting TV/Radio, 10923 H DVB-S SR 17000 Saudi Arabian Package...

8344032655_cd09a912f7.jpg

8345091280_fc5b9fed5d.jpg

Other Channels...

8345091404_6b6efa79ef.jpg

No lock yet on ERI TV 2 on frequency 12606 V DVB-S 2590.
Tried the said frequency on 2.4 meter offset with no luck.
8344032767_5966936319.jpg

The lower frequencies on the pan-Arab footprint seem to be more powerful than the upper frequencies 12000>>>>>>

Kungu1,

I nab 10924 H 17000 on Arabsat5a here in Zambia at 57% highest using my 1.8m fibre Offset dish.

I hope I can nab badr or nilesat...even Yahsat

Dear kungu,
I have a mpeg 2 decoder which i bought from familytv.its doesn't have brand name other than familytv logo.i was interested in updating its software.how can i go about this. It has a a barcode no. 40000846800420

Hey Kungu1 and all, which is the best combined (C/Ku) LNB available in Nairobi? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom