African Satellite World and Sat Gear

18 July 2016

IMG has agreed a deal for the inflight and inship media rights to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
The global sports and entertainment giant has signed a partnership with the International Olympic Committee that will see its Sport24 and Sport24 Extra channels provide 200 hours of live coverage during the 17 days of Rio 2016 to viewers on international airlines and cruise ships. Coverage includes the opening and closing ceremonies, daily and weekly highlights programmes, and a review programme to be made available within two days of the end of the Games.

"The Olympic Games is the biggest event on the sporting calendar and we are very pleased to be providing the inflight and inship market with the best of the action live, starting with the opening ceremony on Friday 5th August," said IMG Media senior vice president Richard Wise. "It will certainly make those airlines and cruise lines carrying the live feed a more appealing proposition to passengers when choosing who to travel with during this time."
IOC television and marketing services managing director Timo Lumme added: "We are very pleased to have reached an agreement with IMG for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 to be shown in the air and at sea. Our objective is to reach the widest possible audience and therefore it is important that coverage is as accessible as possible, and we are delighted that viewers will be able to watch the action live while on their travels."

That setup holding 76/72.1/68/64/57/55/ iam heading to measat on top

Attachments

• 1469427737867.jpg
    1469427737867.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 66
List of 2016 Summer Olympics broadcasters that cover Africa.

- Angola TPA
- Burundi RTNB
- Congo RTNC
- Gambia Groupe Excaf Telecom
- Iran IRIB
- Ivory Coast RTI
- Kenya KBC
- Middle East ASBU
- Mozambique TVM
- Nigeria
. DAAR Communications Plc
. Hip TV
. NTA
. Silverbird Communications
- Senegal Groupe Excaf Telecom
- Seychelles SBC
- South Africa
. SABC
. SuperSport
- Sub-Saharan Africa
. SuperSport
. Infront Sports & Media
. TV5Monde
- Tanzania Azam Media.

thank you very much my fellow kenyans u directed me well.

when I went to Nairobi I got every thing in Luthuli avenue/river road/munyu road although it was my first visit in Nairobi.

thanks a lot
We're glad to assist when we can. That was remarkable if you got everything you needed on your maiden visit to Nairobi. What did you get?

Change the frequency manually, say 3977 and put the correct sr then do a manual scan. Sometimes i experience the same with my srt 4922 but works eventually.
yeah strong receiver can solve this problems but starsat 9797hd its another kind of thing ,i have tried everything but still nothing

Hi house I need some help with 2 channels on the 68.5E bird viz CNN and HBO. I trust I got the right p*voo keys for the same, but on entry (4922 is the box) nothing. Been using the tp 3974 shared by the discs. What could be the problem?

For me thie problem solved itself when I inadvertently used Eurostar ES-21 Plus LNB. It deducted 600 from one of the tps and so while one remained as 3974v, the other became 3374h. I'm on 4950H.

For me thie problem solved itself when I inadvertently used Eurostar ES-21 Plus LNB. It deducted 600 from one of the tps and so while one remained as 3974v, the other became 3374h. I'm on 4950H.
my self i did not do anything i just put it for second it auto roll it am using qsat 11

I'm not on it, that was according to flysat. Please can someone who is receiving it using 1.8m or 2.4m pf confirm to the forum. Kazi kwenyu.
I also hear the floodgates have opened on 16e and that ASAS are smiling all the way to their setups. Anyone on this bird to confirm this before we head there also?

How to watch the Rio Olympics on TV in the UAE
7DAYS Sport | July 26, 2016
Rio de Janiero will host its first Olympic Games in August and we’re sure you will want to catch as much of the action as possible.
Sadly the timing isn’t great for us here in the UAE but don’t worry you can still watch all of the action thanks to beIN Sports and OSN.
The festivities get underway with the opening ceremony which will take place on Saturday August 6 at 2am UAE time in the famed Maracana Stadium.
Here’s how you can watch the lavish ceremony and the action on offer throughout the Rio 2016 Olympics.

beIN Sports
Coverage starts on August 1 when there will be a series of documentaries and programs dedicated to the Rio Games.
Both the opening and closing ceremony will be shown, while the beIN team will be in Rio for the athletics which starts on August 12.
There will be 16 hours of live programs each day, which will be broadcast on HD1 and HD9, plus the Free to Air channel that will show the results of the Olympics Games.
In total beIN Sports will show 2,595 hours of content covering the Olympics.
OSN
The Olympics will be shown on AD Sports on Sport 1 Free to Air in Arabic.
On the Sport 2 Free to Air Channel there will be Olympic coverage all day from August 4-22.
Sport channels 3,4, 5 and 6 will show the Games without coverage from the studio and it will be in English and Arabic.

Back
Top Bottom