Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

A Republic of Tanzania

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Siasa' started by Sungi, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Sungi

Sungi Senior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I have taken Prime Minister Pinda's "opinion" on a single government of Tanzania with keen interest. I am of the opinion that that was the idea that our founding fathers, Nyerere and Karume had in mind. A single government will do away with political frictions that are truly caused by a few leaders from both the Isles and the Mainland who have self political interests. Here are some of my recommendations on the future Republic of Tanzania:

1. Amend our Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania to reflect these changes.

2. Have a bicameral legislature that will have two houses. Like the United States or United Kingdom (among others), the Upper House (Senate) that will comprise of 2 members from each of the regions in Tanzania (equal representation, notwithstanding geographical population) and the lower house (House of Representatives) that will comprise of members according to geographical location.

3. Reorganize the court hierarchy, have a Supreme Court of Tanzania, which will be the highest court in the land, have High Court in each region, instead of zones, i.e. High Court of Dar-es -Salaam, High Court of Unguja, High Court of Pemba, High Court of Dodoma, etc. Do away with the separate legal fratenity, and have "Bar Association of Tanzania", instead of the Tanganyika Law Society and its counterpart in the Isles.

4. The provisions on the Executive could remain as is, as provided by the Constitution.

Some of these recommendations could help and strength our unique union between the then sovereign nations, Tanganyika and Zanzibar.

Sungi

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009