Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

A matter of correction to AG of Tanzania

Discussion in 'KATIBA Mpya' started by Tunsume, Nov 22, 2011.

1. T

Tunsume Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I was listerning to kipindi cha Jambo in which the AG of Tanzania and Mzee Waziri Wassira were interviewed by a TBC 1 staff on the issues related to Muswada wa Sheria ya Kubadilisha Katiba Tanzania. In the course of discussion, our AG lashed at the opposition CHADEMA and NCCR Mageuzi opposition to the CRB but also made a statement to the fact that the proposed review process was very inclusive and that there is no any country in the world that has included a referendum in its constitution review process except Tanzania!. Well well am left confused seeing my highly educated AG and indeed experienced civil servant making such incorrect statement when his own President made remarkable and memorable contribution to progressive constitution making in Kenya where a referendum was a critical method for expanding peoples participation and building national consensus. Either my humble AG chose to mislead the public for reasons best known to himself or he is very busy to keep himself abreast with developments in the EAC. Let our AG know that at issue is not him but the future direction of this country and how he wants to be remembered in the history of making the second republic in Tanzania. For sure I will continue seeing him as the person who missed the greatest opportunity to make Tanzania proud by delivering a CBR that would have made a difference to this country. Let our AG consult Mr Amos Wako of Kenya to be educated on how our President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete forced him to make a historic decision that rescued Kenya from re-lapasing into violence after the 2007 elections violence