A disappointing speech!

luddo17

Apr 17, 2010
I was quite shocked and hence demoralized by President Kikwete's speech last week when addressing the nation. Actually, i failed to believe if he was the very president we massively voted for in 2005 with his slogan 'MAISHA BORA KWA KILA MTANZANIA'. How could he negatively react to what was sense? Is it not true that his government which has not only proved failure but also made 'MAISHA MAGUMU KWA WATANZANIA, that it lavishly spends the revenues on buying posh cars day after day? Has he been nicknamed 'The Vasco da Gama of the new age' by travelling abroad day in day out? Whose money is used on such expenditure if not our ours? The meagre salaries are severely taxed, hence making life more miserable! The estimates given out by TUCTA on the new salary scales could be implemented had the president and his entire government had serious affection towards the people they reign over. How could the president use such a harsh, threatening and heart-sinking tone to react to TUCTA's viable demands? Was it hard for him-soft spoken as i used to know-to calm the siatuation amiably rather than creating bitter feelings among the majority? I understand in Europe, people do get taxed by their respective governments. But in return, the governments provide their people with free medical, education and other basic amenities. What about Tanzania? What is the use of the tax we do pay? Poor roads, poor health services, poor education and so many and so forth. It is obvious that president Kikwete has negatively reacted because he knows for sure that through his party's 'foul plays', he will easily retain the presidency in October. Had the situation been opposite, he could have not said what he had said.

Need to say more that your 2005 choice was wrong? eVERYTHNG IS WITHIN UR HANDS NOW TO DO THE SAME MISTAKES AGAIN FOR THE COMING ROUND...