60% of Tanzania male parents were not the biological fathers - Nendaeni mkapime

HUU NI UDHAIFU WA WAANDISHI WETU NA SI WA MKEMIA MKUU TAFADHALI....!Mkemia katoa takwimu zake sahii, mwandishi ndo kaja na kichwa cha kuuza habari yake....!

I beg to differ.
Fikiria mtoto uliyemlea mpaka akapata akili na kujua wewe ndiye baba yake.
Then siku moja unamka na kumweleza kuwa wewe siye baba yake,unadhani atalipokea vipi hilo?

HUO NI UKATILI ULIOPITILIZA.

Kumbuka mtoto huyo labda ni wa umri wa primary school or sekondari, ni mtoto mdogo for god sake kuweza kuabsorb hiyo shock.

Naomba mfikirie mara mbili kabla ya kushauri kwa jinsi hiyo.

Upimaji wa DNA HAUTOCEMENT ndoa au mahusiano, bali utasambaratisha HAKUNA KITAKACHOBAKI.

Ukweli ni kwamba akina mama waliolewa wanazaa nje ya ndoa ZAIDI kuliko kina baba.Kina baba ni rahisi kufahamika kuwa kazaa nje,lakini siyo kwa akina mama.
Mama akishaolewa akiconceive,watu wote wanajua mimba ile ni ya mumewe,na hata mume mwenyewe ataamini hivyo.Kuna case ya bwana mmoja aliyefikia hata kwenda kanisani kumshukuru MUNGU kwa kujibu maombi yao ya kupata mtoto,without knwing kuwa KASAIDIWA.

Tatizo hili ni la vizazi na vizazi,ni la miaka mingi.

WAHENGA wametushauri kuwa KITANDA HAKIZAI HARAMU, yote hayo ni ili kuweza kufanya ndoa zetu zidumu kama walivyodumisha zao.

Kwa akina mama natanguliza apology yangu kama post hii imeonekana kuwa inawakandamiza wao,lakini let us try to deliberate this objectively.

Most disputed children have false fathers - DNA

By PIUS RUGONZIBWA,
5th June 2010

SCIENTIFIC results obtained from Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) tests carried out from 2006 to 2009 on 250 people, have revealed that on average 50 per cent of the children are not biologically related to their fathers.

The first DNA tests were made in 2004. However, the most reliable ones which were carried out in 2005 and 2006 revealed that 60 per cent of children who underwent the tests, were not biologically related to their fathers.

The remaining 40 per cent showed that they were related to their fathers. DNA is an important molecule found in all living cells. It contains information that is used in everyday metabolism and growth and influences most of human characteristics.

The test procedure was introduced in the country in 2003. DNA is often described as the blueprint of an organism that enables various cells to develop and work together to form a fully functional body and controls characteristics such as eye colour.

Many of the DNA samples randomly collected or brought in by various families in Dar es Salaam or upcountry have revealed further that only 40 to 45 per cent of the samples showed that the disputed children were biologically related to their fathers.

The Government Chemist Laboratory Agency (GCLA) Forensic and Toxicology Manager, Ms Bertha Mamuya, told the 'Sunday News' yesterday that many of the tests had been received from Dar es Salaam region, due to proximity and accessibility of the services.

"Parents usually came for testing after engaging in long quarrels over whether a child belonged to the doubtful father or not. And of course, we have been able to provide a clear answer in connection with most doubts," she said.

According to Ms Mamuya, samples taken in 2006 and 2007 showed further that 47 per cent of the children tested were not biologically related to their fathers, while similar investigations made the same year showed that 53 per cent were related.

Other records in 2007 and 2008 showed that 51 per cent of the children were not biologically related to their fathers while 49 per cent were related.

The statistics were followed by recent tests (in 2008 and 2009) that showed that 40 per cent of the children were not biologically related to their fathers while 60 per cent were related.

The DNA tests, according to Ms Mamuya, have also helped to discover various peculiar murder cases whose victims could otherwise be hard to discover.

Between 2005 and 2006 a total of 159 samples were tested followed by 127 and 74 for 2005-2007 and 2007-2008 respectively as well as 59, 31 and 13 tests involving rape respectively.

"We receive very few samples in connection with incidents of rape especially those involving minors, this is due to the fact that parents end up compromising out of court with rape suspects," Ms Mamuya pointed out.

Luckily, she said, the National Assembly passed the Human DNA Regulations Act Number 8 of 2009, which was assented by President Jakaya Kikwete the same year. The law became effective on January 1, this year.

The Agency is now working on its regulations.

Some of the success stories of DNA in the country include the identification of 11 bodies following the 2009 fire tragedy at Ilolo in Iringa region; identification of 19 out of 25 bodies of Yemenair clash in Comoro in June, 2009 and identification of five soldiers in Mbagala bomb blasts last year, as well as many other criminal incidents.

The Agency plans to widen provision of its services in zones to be created countrywide, but to start with, offices have already been established in Mwanza. Others will be established soon in Arusha and Mbeya, depending on the availability

I'm damn sure my dad is my biological father....

Do not fool yourself pal. Your mother is the one who is sure who your father is, not you. How can you be sure? In most cases she is the one who knows who she bedded a month before she conceived.

I know there are a couple of women who do not know who is the real father of the child, especial those who sleep with more than one man in one day, for them it is a bit hard to tell whose sperms penetrated the egg.

So, now we know that there are a lot of bastards (those who were born out of wedlock) out there, some of us may not like this name but that is the reality.

Oww man Bongolo u dont need to complicate things not all women are like that.... I am 100000000000% sure I am his daughter.... I got his eyes; i got his fingers; his nose; his skin color;I behave like him most of the time... me and my first cousins look alike, ppl thinks we are sisters ..

Ikiwa 60% ya watoto wa Tanzania bara hawahusiani nawanaowaita baba nakumbuka kuna topiki kule kwenye mapenzi na mahaba imeanzishwa ili kutaka ukweli uelezwe au ufichwe ,naona sasa waTanganyika wengi watakuwa na wasiwasi juu ya baba zao ,hii ni habari ya kusikitisha na ilifaa isitolewe kwenye vyombo vya habari.

Kwa nini tatizo liwe kwa Watanganyika tu? Kwani ni nani ana uhakika wa asilimia 100 kuwa baba yake ni baba yake kweli?

Kwa nini tatizo liwe kwa Watanganyika tu? Kwani ni nani ana uhakika wa asilimia 100 kuwa baba yake ni baba yake kweli?

Labda kama mnafanana kama chupa za bia, na wenye bahati hiyo ya kufanana na baba zao kiasi hicho ni wachache mno.

You can not generalize the findings from these 250 individuals to all the fathers in Tanzania because they are not a representative sample of Tanzanian fathers. It's a highly selected group of people with parental dispute.

It's like going to medical ward in Muhimbili, screen all the 100 patients in the ward for HIV and find that 40 of them are infected, then you come and say hey, the prevalence of HIV in Tanzania is 40%. See, that is wrong.

So, I don't dispute the results but they should never be generalized to the general population in Tanzania.

Thanks.
progress.gif

I could not agree with you more. These 250 are already disputed, and that is the reason why the samples were sent to the chief chemist in the 1st place!

Completely un-generelizable and hence I do not see what the public has to fear from this finding being made public

Back
Top Bottom