Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

2010 Tanzania General Election: Character Assassination?

Discussion in 'Uchaguzi Tanzania' started by Makange, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Makange

Makange Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I usually devote some of my time to considering issues beyond my professional identity but today I am departing from that practice to address a very personal matter. I do so following the most recent attacks directed to Dr. Willibrod Slaa and reported by a number of media in Tanzania. While these attacks may not be new to some, they have been widely reported and repeated so persistently as to require more than just what the media has to feed us.

Over the years Dr.Slaa has been exceptionally vibrant in the parliament and his outstanding prowess has always been a bitter pill for CCM to take. But with the lawsuit filed at the High Court this week against Chadema’s Presidential Candidate, Dr. Slaa may have to defend the legality of his intimate relationship with a woman said to be married to another man.

Being his personal affairs, I believe that these claims are baseless and a clear demonstration of purely political motives. While the said legal husband of Josephine Mushumbushi, Mr. Aminiel Chediel Mahimbo has been unashamed in propagating the issue, fair-minded people would believe that he has not been alone, though CCM has been cautiously denying claims of their involvement in this matter.

But this move is not good enough for CCM. They have chosen, under the protection of privileges they have, to use indecent and the most aggressive ways available in order to attack Dr. Slaa. The obvious political intention has been to try to silence or undermine the opposition -- an old tactic.

So let’s assure CCM that we most certainly will not be intimidated or silenced by their tactics. We will continue to be robust in our criticisms, but we will, unlike CCM, be fair and avoid character assassination.

In politics, everyone accepts that individuals will use an opportunity to attack an opponent, but on personal matters higher standards should always apply. It is possible to be robust in politics, without being personally vindictive -- unfortunately CCM just don't understand the difference.

For this and many other Articles, Please join my Facebook Page HERE:

2010 Tanzania General Election: Character Assassination?

2. Mzee Mwanakijiji

Mzee Mwanakijiji Platinum Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Short, precise and unambiguously clear! no mincing of words!

3. B

Baija Bolobi JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    From what I have grasped from CCm reliable sources, they have decided to back off for the while planning to come up with more dirty a week before voting. They are enjoying tabloid's shemeless assassination of media ethics and they believe tabloid have wide readership among women, youth and poor since they are very cheap and attractive.

CCM is bent to win at any cost and so we should be ready for the unthinkable.

4. Kiby

Kiby JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010
    There is no way for ccm as part to deny involvement in this lavatory politics. Because one day before mr Mahimbo went to the court of law, the general sectretary for chama cha mapinduzi release a statement saying mahimbo could do so.

5. Ng'wanangwa

Ng'wanangwa JF-Expert Member

Sep 10, 2010

In the 1990s there were rumors that multiparty system (citing on parties opposing CCM) was meant to cause war in our peaceful country. CCM is under fire. They are naked. However they are desperate and as you said, want to win at any cost.

Any war in this country now or in future will be fueled by CCM because they don't want to accept the fact that Tanzanians are sick and tired of them.

6. Jatropha

Jatropha JF-Expert Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Tanzania's political land scape has gone through stupendous changes from the 1995 general elections when CCM managed to turnAnjeline, Hon Lyatonga Mrema's mistress part of the election ingrrdients.

To a larger extent, the 1995 CCM's success in Anjelina's saga was attributed to dictations of the late Mwalimu Nyerere as to a Tanzanian's President should look like; but very unfortunately not even ALJ Mwinyi nor Ben M matched the description morally, on marital basis etc.

Over the period, Tanzanians have witnessed South Africans voting to Power Hon Zuma who confessed to have been having an affair outside his wedlock; they also witnessed the president of the super power American state confessing to having an affair in the oval office.

Hence Tanzanians have been made to understand that a president is a normal human being, with human weaknesses. Tanzanians have increasingly understood what is at stake, is their personal well being in midst of riches and propaganda from beneficiaries of the existing regime.

That is why Dr Slaa continues to receive overwhelming support despite of the character assassination plot by CCM through the media

7. Profesy

Profesy Verified User

Sep 14, 2010
    CHARACTER ASSASSINATION= MORE COVERAGE FOR THE PARTY AND AWARENESS. I think I have heard more from the media about Slaa in the past two months than ever before. Trust me it feels like they are shooting themselves in the foot with this sycophancy.