2 Die in Mining accident at Geita's AngoldGold Mine

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
Two die in car accident at Geita mine - AngloGold

I-Net Bridge | Wed, 12 May 2010 17:22
[miningmx.com] --Gold miner AngloGold Ashanti on Wednesday reported the death of two workers in a motor vehicle accident early in the morning of Wednesday 12 May at its Geita gold mine in Tanzania. The accident occurred when a Terex dump truck hauling waste onto a waste dump struck the rear of a stationary truck, and continued rolling, crushing a stationary light vehicle parked nearby, AngloGold said in a statement.
Honest Ngowi, the operator of the moving vehicle, and Esau Mwakibuja, a mechanic in the stationary light vehicle, were fatally injured.
Ngowi, a 27-year-old man from Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, had been employed by Geita for three years, while Mwakibuja was a 40-year-old Terex employee based at Geita from Mbeya, Tanzania.
Mining operations have been suspended to allow for a full investigation into the causes of the accident. Normal operations are expected to resume from Friday, the company said.

Its another sad story.
Jana nimeona very disturbing photos of two people who diead in a certain accident. Hizo picha za jana, zimebandikwa kwenye mtandao fulani bila maelezo yoyote, isije kuwa ndio ajali hii!.

Poleni wafiwa.
RIP Honest and Esau.

Back
Top Bottom