Akiba Commercial Bank Plc, a leading microfinance bank in Tanzania, is seeking to recruit for the following vacant senior management position to be based at its Head Office in Dar es Salaam.
- CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
The role functionally reports to the Board’s Audit Committee and administratively it reports to the Bank’s Managing Director. The incumbent is responsible for the following duties, among others:
- To provide objective appraisals of the financial, credit and operational functions of the Bank.
- To review the Bank’s compliance with existing controls, policies, plans and standards.
- To review the Banks’ compliance with laws and statutory regulations, guidelines, etc.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the existing policies and/or provide advice in the formulation thereof, when necessary.
- To plan and conduct periodic audits
- To work closely with the external auditors and reviewers/examiners.
- To review the soundness, adequacy, application and efficiency of the operational business processes and controls to mitigate potential risks
- To advice the Board of Directors on the overall bank status with regard to the control and compliance environments.
- To lead a team of professionals in the audit dept.
Academic credentials and working experience
- Possession of a minimum of a University Degree with a major in Finance or Accounting
- A CPA (T), ACCA or equivalent accreditation.
- A minimum of 3-years working experience, at a senior management level, in a bank, financial or audit institution.
- Strong practical knowledge and skills in core banking systems
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong general computer application skills (word, spreadsheets, etc)
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- A team builder and leader
- With unwavering integrity and honesty
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICES
- The above position carries a very competitive pay and benefit package in line with the successful candidate’s qualifications and the practice in the labor market
- ACB is an equal opportunity employer without regard to one’s religion, race, tribe, gender and physical ability.
HOW TO APPLY:All interested candidates should write to the undersigned within seven (7) days from the first appearance of this advertisement, enclosing the following:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV)
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials, including examination results’ transcripts from Secondary Schools (“O” and “A” levels).
- Candidate’s day contact addresses, including his mobile phone numbers
- 3 professional related referees
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,AKIBA COMMERCIAL BANK LIMITED,AMANI PLACE - 3RD FLOOR,OHIO STREET,P.O BOX 669,DAR ES SALAAM[email protected]We are sorry that we will only be able to respond to the successful applications.