I came accross this email from Tanganyika Law Society and i thought it was worth sharing. Wale wenye qualifications za kuwa MaCEO kazi kwenu.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER/SECRETARY TO THE COUNCIL
The Tanganyika Law Society (TLS) is the professional, membership-based organisation for practising and non-practising lawyers in Tanzania Mainland. Established by an Act of Parliament, membership of advocates of Tanzania Mainland is mandatory. The TLS prime objective is to further the rule of law by managing all the affairs of its members and advising both the government and the public in all matters pertaining to the law.
The Tanganyika Law Society invites applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians to fill the position of a Chief Executive Officer/Secretary to the Council. He/She will be the head of the TLS Secretariat, responsible for the overall planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling of TLS day-to-day operations in accordance with the policies established by the Council. The Executive Secretary is charged with the following responsibilities:
1. To foster effective cooperation between the Council, the Secretariat, Committees and Chapters;
2. To ensure good governance within the organisation, including provision of financial regulations, staff regulations and operating manuals;
3. To promote the TLS brand publicly and internationally;
4. To manage and administer TLS assets in accordance with the highest ethical and management standards;
5. To supervise, monitor and review the implementation of the TLS strategic plan to ensure that the planned activities are implemented within a given time and budget;
6. To effectively carry out the duties of Accounting Officer of the Society;
7. To represent the Society in local and International meetings/Conferences;
8. To act as a Secretary to the Council at Council meetings and the General Meetings;
9. To draft policies for the approval of the Council and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies: review existing policies on a regular basis and recommend changes to the council as appropriate;
10. To determine and advise the Council on the staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery;
11. To work with the Council and the staff to develop a comprehensive Organizational Financial Budget;
12. To approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Council;
13. To establish and maintain good relations with the collaborative partners;
14. To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Council.
Qualifications and Experience:
Holder of a Degree in Law, Business or Management from a recognized University with not less than five years relevant experience. Postgraduate qualifications or enrolment as an Advocate will be an added advantage. Computer literacy is necessary.
Salary and benefits:
The successful candidate will receive a very attractive salary commensurate with his/her qualification and experience together with attractive fringe benefits.
Mode of application:
If you feel that you meet these requirements and you wish to join a dynamic and self-motivated team, apply in confidence by enclosing an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of your certificates. Enclose also the names and addresses of two referees together with a telephone number where you can be reached.
A hard copy of the application should reach the TLS not later than 12 May 2009, addressed to:
President, Tanganyika Law Society, IPS Building, 9th Floor, P.O Box 2148, Dar es Salaam. An electronic copy of ONLY the application letter should also be sent to: president@tanganyikalawsociety .or.tz
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview. Please do not send or call in queries.