Fisheries Education and Training Agency (FETA) is established by merging two fisheries institution, Mbegani Fisheries Development Centre (MFDC) and Nyegezi Freshwater Fisheries Institute (NFFI) in line with fisheries master plan (URT). The two institutions are under the Ministry of Livestock Development and Fisheries and are fully accredited by the National Technical Education (NACTE).
The mandate and functions of the two institutions are now being assumed by FETA and are articulated in the National Fisheries Sector Policy and Strategy statements (1997), the Aquaculture development Strategy (2009) and The National Council for Technical Education Act of 1997. The main role of FETA is to assist the Ministry in provision of fisheries education and training in aquaculture, fisheries technologies and management, conduct applied research and consultancy in promoting sustainable development of fisheries and allied industries.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
DUTY STATION: FETA Headquarters, Mbegani Bagamoyo
REPORTING: The ideal candidate will be accountable to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Livestock Development and Fisheries
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Chief Executive Officer shall be the Head of the Executive Agency and subject to overseeing implementation of Ministerial Policies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for managing FETA within the terms and conditions prescribed in the Framework Document of the Agency and the Executive Agencies Act Cap. 245 and its Regulations. The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for overall management of the Agency and specifically shall be responsible for:
- Day to day operations of the Executive Agency;
- Accounting officer of the Agency;
- Developing, rewarding and managing human resources; organization, control and discipline of the Agency’s employees;
- Preparations and submission of the Strategic and Business Plans of the Agency and associated budgets;
- Development and implementation of Agency’s plans , annual review , monitoring and evaluation;
- Undertaking performance reviews and evaluations of the Agency;
- Administering and enforcement of internal guidelines and regulations;
- Representing the Agency in local and international fora and other platforms;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Agency’s performance; and
- Shall be the Secretary to the Ministerial Advisory Board (MAB) and spokes person of the Agency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in fisheries and aquaculture disciplines. Postgraduate Studies in Business Administration or Management Sciences will be an added advantage;
- Must be Computer literate;
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in which five (5) years should be in managerial positionsin education and training institutions.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. The title of the position and institution applied for should be marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
vi. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vii. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
viii. Transcripts, Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
ix. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
x. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
xi. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
xii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xiii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 11th June, 2012 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xvii. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
P. O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM