Financial Institution Support Officer
About the Job:
GVEP International is seeking a Financial Institution Support officer to help the organization run its Loan Guarantee Fund. The ideal person will have a strong background in financial analysis, with experience in commercial/ Microfinance lending, small and micro enterprise appraisal and financial management of Small and Medium enterprises (SMEs).
S/he will be responsible for conducting due diligence on Energy SMEs, credit analysis, appraisal of prospective borrowers identified by the DEEP East Africa Program and will assist in monitoring of active loans.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct due diligence visits to prospective borrowers and meeting selected Financial Institutions.
- Enforcing financial controls of Energy SMEs that have been linked to financing;
- Conducting credit analysis and preparation of appraisal reports
- Negotiating deals with Financial Institutions
- Presenting credit analysis of individual borrowers in DEEP EA program
- Foster and maintain business relationships with Energy SMEs
- Work with borrowers having different professional backgrounds and levels of formal business training;
- Monitor existing borrowers to ensure compliance with loan terms and repayment schedules.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the performance of all the beneficiaries of the loans under the scheme
- Assist the Financial linkages specialist in prospecting for more beneficiaries under the scheme
- Assist the Financial linkages specialist in other activities of the Financial Linkages Department such as training, developing case studies and communication.
- Bachelors Degree in finance, commerce, accounting, agribusiness, or a related field.
- Working experience and good understanding of the SME sector
- Minimum 2 years work experience, ideally in business lending within a Microfinance Institution or commercial bank or finance company
- Experience in financial and business management
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and oral English
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages
- Experience in working with Energy SMEs will be an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Financial Support Officer will initially be appointed for an 18 month contract period.
Candidates with the necessary qualifications, skills and experiences are required to submit an application letter and curriculum vitae to: recruitment@gvepinternational. org by 30th September 2011.