International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTSInternational Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) - Kenya of Columbia University is working with JHPIEGO to strengthen the capacity of the Ministries of Health national health management information system and USG implementing partners monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to collect and use HIV/AIDS, reproductive health (RH) and family planning (FP), and maternal and child health (MCH) data.
Applications are now invited for the following vacant positions in the APHIA II Evaluation project in Central and Eastern Provinces.
service delivery ADVISOR
Summary Scope of Work:
The Service Delivery Advisor will be responsible for overseeing the planning, initiation and implementation of adult and pediatric HIV Care and Treatment and TB/HIV collaborative activities at selected sites within the Aphiaplus program.
- Coordinate implementation of HIV care and treatment activities
- Coordinate implementation of TB/HIV collaborative activities
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision of health care workers
- Supervision of Program Officers
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation of the program
- Oversee the design and implementation of work plans
- Oversee linkage between facilities service delivery and community
- MD preferably with Masters in Public Health (MPH) or similar degree with clinical experience of HIV medicine
- At least 5 years experience in HIV program planning, technical assist and project management
- Familiarity with GOK health care programs
- Capacity to oversee development and implementation of work plans, monitoring and evaluation activities, and reports
ART PROGRAM OFFICERS (Six)
Summary Scope of Work:
The ART Program Officers will plan and implement the day-to-day implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment services at ICAP-supported facilities, in collaboration with the Ministries of Health.
Location: Embu (Three) and Nyeri (Three)
- Planning and implementation of prevention, care and treatment services at ICAP-supported facilities
- Provide on-going supervision of prevention, care and treatment programs Co-ordinate training of facility staff including ART mentorship
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of HIV programs
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
- Liaise with the Ministries of Health officials including the Provincial ART Officer and other stakeholders
- Preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
All applications including a current CV should be sent to:
- Preferably MBChB. Strong candidates with a Diploma in Medicine will also be considered
- At least three years’ experience in program planning
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programming
- Familiarity with district-level health care programs in Kenya
- Clinical experience in HIV management
- Strong supervisory and management skills
The Human Resources Manager
P. O. Box 29840 00202 Nairobi, or emailed to [email protected] before December 10, 2010. Interviews will be conducted the week of December 13, 2010.