Duties & Responsibilities
The Estates Officer will report to the Real Estates Manager.
The position will manage the Corporation’s real estate portfolio for maximum returns.
The specific duties will include:
- Effective management of real estate assets in the specific region for value maximization,
- Oversee the collection of rent, preparation of tenancy agreements, compliance with lease terms and all required property notices,
- Co-ordinate with local authorities on all rating issues and prepare payment schedule for property rates,
- Carrying out rent reviews and letting in the assigned region,
- Facilitating recovery of outstanding rent arrears and other dues,
- Monitoring leasing of properties to ensure that they are being leased in accordance with corporation’s policy and annual budget,
- Perform regular inspections of property, and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary,
- Carrying out rental assessment and valuation of the corporations property,
- Assisting the real estate’s manager in advising on the best use of properties,
- Advising finance on timely payments of land rent and land rates plus utility bills,
- Have a basic understanding of budget preparation and revenue returns,
- Support the planning budgeting and control of operating expenditures,
- Compiling monthly/quarterly reports.
- Bachelor of Arts in Land Economics,
- Must be a registered Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya,
- 5 years experience, 3 of which must be in supervisory position,
- An entrepreneurial spirit : can generate ideas and turn them into profitable projects,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be able to demonstrate a sense of accountability and responsibility,
- Be highly organized and posses good administrative skills,
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in standard office Computer Programs and applications
- Experience working with ERP will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Terms of offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
The application form, details of the duties, responsibilities and qualifications for each position are available on the Kenya Railways Website www.krc.co.ke.
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form, attach their testimonials and certificates and address their applications to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
to be received by Friday 6th July, 2012.
Note: Those who had applied for these positions previously need not apply.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer