Closing date: 20 Jul 2012
Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance.
MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm.
Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide.
It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia.
Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management.
For more information on MSI, please visit our website at MSI Worldwide.
The project objectives are geared to support and strengthen the current USAID/Kenya strategy in meeting day to day information needs in order to make informed program management decisions, as well as to provide substantive support with qualitative, quantitative, and analytical information to assist in continually assessing and evaluating the Mission’s development hypothesis.
It shall also assist the Mission with its public education goals by providing qualitative and anecdotal evidence on the effects of projects on the lives of individual beneficiaries.
MSI is seeking a Nairobi-based, M&V Manager for the full term of the contract to undertake activity-level monitoring and verification of results in the field in order to ensure that all USAID implementing partners’ data are complete, accurate, and consistent with agreements and reports, and with USAID’s regulations.
- Establish protocols for, train and manage a team of Regional Supervisory Field Staff and Intern-Level, Field-Based Monitors that will become familiar with all Mission projects and randomly select and visit activity sites to monitor and report on;
- monitor project performance and partner data collection methods and quality;
- activity-level environmental compliance and mitigation measures, as required in ADS 204 and activity/project Initial Environmental Evaluations (IEEs) and Environmental Reviews (ERs), taking into account USAID Environmental Guidelines, and including the Pesticides Evaluation Report and Safer Use Action Plan (PERSUAP), when appropriate; and
- compliance with IP approved USAID Branding and Marking plan, per ADS 320.
- Based on the above, provide real-time, flexible, activity-level data analyses and reporting utilizing “EpiSurveyor” — an electronic data collection system that can aggregate data and provide it in real-time to AORs/CORs.
- A graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field;
- At least 7 years of international experience in the management, monitoring and evaluation of development programs, including experience developing monitoring tools, and training and managing staff in effective use of those tools;
- Excellent American English writing skills and speaking ability.
How to apply:
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com/careers