We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IS Operations Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Senior Systems Administrator
Reporting to the Principal System’s Administrator, the job holder will be required to provide technical expertise and support to Safaricom in the field of system administration and design.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers and storage based on UNIX (AIX, HP-UX and Sun Solaris), Linux, Storage (IBM, HP, EMC) and SAN. Problem resolution and escalation of server, storage and SAN issues.
- Analysis of server and storage hardware and operating system software.
- Trouble shooting and resolving HACMP, GPFS, storage, firmware, operating system, HBA issues on high end servers in a complex environment.
- Implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching.
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems.
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business.
- To provide backup, hardware and software assurance.
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures.
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects.
- Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components
- Implement and maintain system standards and procedures on system related issues.
- Monitor, administer and maintain system security.
- Use system management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve system problems within service level agreements
- Conduct proper documentation inventory of the system hardware and software.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & competencies:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of AIX, RedHat, SAN, NAS, TCP/IP networking and other UNIX certifications.
- 4 years experience as systems administrator, in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed UNIX and Linux server environment preferably in a telecommunication environment.
- System Administration Techniques – understanding Operating Systems Performance, AIX, Linux, Storage and Backup enterprise hardware and storage.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking.
- Good communication and project management skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.
The deadline for application is Monday, 2nd July ,2012.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to [email protected]