We are a fast growing player in the Construction and Engineering sector and we are seeking to fill the position of Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will be responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the company operations including overseeing the procurement and logistics unit.
- Control the overall company’s operating expenses and the capital expenditure programme to ensure adherence to budget limits and relevant authorizations.
- Preparing long term operational plans and contributing to strategic plans including CAPEX plans
- Analyze and forecast critical financial performance indicators such as cash flow, cost controls and actual figures against budgets / targets and recommend on corrective actions where needed
- Oversee statutory and operational compliance and ensure compliance with budgetary reporting requirements.
- Continuously, implement control systems to monitor the performance of the group, its flow of funds, adherence to budgets, expenditure, income, costs and other budgetary items and to ensure effective financial risk management.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the group.
- Ensuring that the organization maintains an appropriate capital structure to support its annual operating and long-range plans.
- Responsible for cash and treasury management including analysis of accounts, cash flow, cost controls, and expenses.
- Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Develop and implement asset and liability management policies and guidelines for the group’s capital mobilization, borrowing and investment activities.
- Ensure that annual statutory accounts are prepared in accordance with relevant regulations and international standards and are completed within set timelines; interact with external auditors, and third parties, including statutory organizations to ensure that the company meets its statutory obligations;
- Ensuring that procurement policies and procedures are complied with, negotiating and managing supplier contracts and end-to-end tendering process as well as ensuring that in all circumstances the company secures the best service/product for the best economical price
- Oversee Supply Chain function
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Finance or Commerce with an Accounting Option
- Masters degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant or a Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Not less than 33 years of age.
- A minimum of 10 years postgraduate relevant experience with senior financial management experience with treasury, financial reporting and control, capital-raising, and financial planning
- A professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management will be an added advantage.
- Must show strong financial acumen, drive, strategic vision and proven capacity to manage teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills and a team player with proven track record of integrity
- Ability to grow and motivate teams
- Knowledge/understanding of computer packages and computerized accounting systems especially Sage Pastel
- Proven ability to raise capital to support firm’s operations and expansion.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to monitor cash flows and trends.
- Expert negotiation skills, persuasiveness and the ability to influence people positively
- Ability to identify areas of development to recommend and implement systems, policies & procedures to ensure optimization of the finance function.
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter to financemanagerconstruction@gma il.com indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title.
The deadline for application is Monday, 25th June, 2012.