The International Potato Center (CIP) and Helen Keller International are currently involved in the Reaching Agents of Change project (RAC), an initiative to increase the capacity of African institutions, advocates, and implementing organizations to raise resources and effectively implement orangefleshed sweetpotato (OFSP) programs in three focal countries: Tanzania, Mozambique and Nigeria.
The project is seeking to hire a web developer to install and customize a Contacts Relations Database based on CiviCRM, for use by project staff.
Consultancy Period: 20 Working Days (18th June -13th July 2012)
Location: International Potato Center (ILRI Campus), in Nairobi-Kenya
Tasks and responsibilities for the consultant
- Install CiviCRM for use by the RAC team
- Work with the Advocacy Assistant to customize CiviCRM for use by project staff
- Train the project staff on the use of the customized database
- Develop a detailed step-by-step guide/user manual for the installed system.
- Upload the customized CiviCRM system onto a web server to be provided by the Information Systems and Data Management Officer, and provide initial technical support for the system.
- Generate a report documenting the installation and customization of the database
The ideal candidate for this consultancy should have the following competencies
- Extensive experience installing, configuring and maintaining CiviCRM systems as well as other applications, primarily open source systems
- Experience in determining appropriate configuration options to meet specific functional requirements for projects and organizations
- Ability to use web server administration tools where and when appropriate
- Experience with installation and configuration of Drupal/ Wordpress/ Joomla systems
- Ability to generate and maintain clear technical and process documentation that explains how the database was implemented and customized
At the end of the consultancy, the selected candidate should have produced the following outputs
- CiviCRM system installed and customized
- Project staff trained to use the database
- A step-by-step user guide/manual to guide the use of the database developed
- A report to provide the technical and process documentation explaining the implementation of the system
How to apply:
Qualified and interested candidates should send in their proposals for implementation of the database including;
- A current resume/ CV with references and evidence of past performance
- A letter of interest for the consultancy and
- Consultancy rates/budget for the project
Application documents should be sent to [email protected] by COB Friday 8th June 2012