Under the direction of the Project Director based in Nairobi, the RJA is responsible for devising and implementing training workshops and mentoring programs for radio journalists and producers working at local stations in Central Somalia. The RJA will train senior staff at our partner radio organization in Nairobi to carry out further trainings in the field. The RJA will also design and train trainers for a program of media skills and literacy events for grass roots Somali civil society organizations. The position is a three-month assignment based in Nairobi, but could involve some training workshops in Somalia or Somaliland.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Devise a comprehensive training and mentoring program in journalism and radio production skills for community-based recruits in Central Somalia .
- Carry out training-of-trainer workshops for senior journalists and production staff at our partner media organization in Nairobi
- Liaise with partner media organization on training, skills and production objectives.
- Devise a program of media skills and literacy events for local civil society organizations in Somalia and train implementers for these .
- Work with Project Director to develop monitoring and evaluation tools and report on progress of training and mentoring programs
- Experience designing and implementing radio journalism and production training programs, including training of trainers
- Computer literate and familiar with digital radio equipment and software
- Ability to assess trainees skills and devise evaluation processes for sustainable use beyond this assignment
- Mother-tongue standard fluency in written and spoken English.
- Somali language and/or knowledge of Somalia and its culture an advantage
How to apply:
Please visit Internews' website to apply:
Or Are you an Internewser? | Internews
Closing Date: Friday, 08 June 2012