I wish to let you know that the 2008 MTN Africa Cup of Nations
kicked off. This is not just any other tournament, it's the Africa Cup of Nations!
Please note that this tournament takes three weeks to finish, i.e. from 20th
January to 10th February. During this period take note of the following:
1. I will be knocking off earlier than usual in order to watch
the kick off of the first game.
2. Do not be surprised if I report a little bit late every
morning, it will depend on the time the last game finishes.
3. Production will go up during this month as almost all
employees will be happy and highly motivated (Check Maslow's Motivation Theories with Human Resource).
4. I know you are into other boring sports like golf, cricket,
bowling, etc. Please if you want to fit in the work environment for the next 3 weeks, try to know something about soccer, even asking a foolish question like " Is ESCOM United playing tonight?" is welcome, that is if you really want to fit in, or else you will be a loner for almost one month.
5. Greeting each other in the morning will change from "Good
morning" to "How was the game last night?"
6. I will not accept to work overtime during this period as no
amount of money can buy me to miss a game. Therefore make sure you don't give me any work after 14 30hours.
7. I will need to be up-to-date with the latest; therefore the
first 1 hour every morning is for accessing sports websites and other updates on the internet and also chatting with friends on phone.
8. Lastly, please do not think you can fire me should you decide
to break any of the above rules as you will have to fire everyone.
Thank you for your understanding.
JF Senior Expert Member
AFCON Organising Committee