News & Current Events

Discussion on current news and event on what is happening in Tanzania. Discuss in ENGLISH ONLY

JF Prefixes:

Rais wetu Mpendwa Dr. Pombe on CNN tena kwa mabaya. Tumekuwa kichecho cha Dunia. Tena Front Page 'Don't use birth control,' Tanzania's President tells women in the country 'Don't use birth...
10 Reactions
230 Replies
25K Views
How and why do we produce gold and copper concentrates? On Friday 3rd March, the Ministry of Energy and Minerals issued a press release stopping the export of mineral sands on the basis that...
2 Reactions
229 Replies
56K Views
Hello everyone on this platform. Without wasting your time, let me tell you my story. The reason I want to tell you my story for free is because I think it can help someone who's planning to leave...
18 Reactions
145 Replies
7K Views
May 27, 2017 | The Telegraph ======= Acacia Mining is preparing to close a loss-making mine after a row over exports with the Tanzanian government escalated. Shares in the FTSE 250 gold miner...
1 Reactions
143 Replies
15K Views
Polonium210 is the Russia's deadly poison,the first public victim of this deadly poison is Alexander Litvenenko ,a former Russian Spy who was poisoned in London after the Russian government learnt...
17 Reactions
114 Replies
14K Views
Air Tanzania (TC, Dar-es-Salaam) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Russia's Irkut Corporation concerning the possible placement of MC-21 short- and mid-range jets with the Tanzanian...
3 Reactions
111 Replies
28K Views
Malawi needs to be proactive and not just reactive on the Lake Malawi boundary wrangle with its north-eastern neighbour, Tanzania. But while I am on this, let me warn that resorting to wresting...
5 Reactions
99 Replies
14K Views
It is shame upon face of illiterate minister to say that he want to impose tax on social media users while himself and his government contribute nothing to those companies. WE, Tanzanian use...
14 Reactions
87 Replies
7K Views
Tanzania's China-backed $10bn port plan stalls Thursday May 23 2019 IN SUMMARY In 2013, Tanzania signed a framework agreement with China Merchants Holdings International to build the port and a...
2 Reactions
81 Replies
9K Views
Long ago, comparing the internet to what it is now, you will find out absolutely that a lot of things have changed; there has been a lot of improvement in technology, and that alone has made our...
24 Reactions
77 Replies
11K Views
The governor of Tanzania's economic capital Dar es Salaam on Monday launched an anti-gay crackdown, threatening to arrest people suspected of being homosexuals. "I have information about the...
1 Reactions
73 Replies
9K Views
To me the circumstantial disappearance of MO Dewji after being kidnapped by the so called unknown men, hasn't astonished me,when a killer kills a first man,he can't hesitate to kill a tenth man...
3 Reactions
73 Replies
10K Views
Banning pregnant girls from school is against the laws of Tanzania Tuesday July 4 2017 President Magufuli’s remarks indicating his intention to stop girls from going to school is in...
3 Reactions
70 Replies
8K Views
Tanzanian President Magufuli has cancelled a $7 billion standard gauge railway project because it was bloated with corruption by the previous government and Chinese contractors. The new project...
8 Reactions
69 Replies
11K Views
I just wonder people call him Dictator but the fact is doing a good job and I support him 100 percent. We Africans we don't like to work and take responsibility and we don't understand the...
4 Reactions
69 Replies
9K Views
US-based Symbion Power LLC, is currently looking for partners in the construction of a $1.3 billion (about Sh2.7 trillion) power plant in Mtwara that will see Tanzania exporting electricity to a...
6 Reactions
68 Replies
14K Views
Well, Hi. I'm amused to see most of the threads in here pull attention and attract viewers, but only few of those viewers are willing to give their opinions. Could it be because of the language...
3 Reactions
59 Replies
6K Views
CHUI HAGEUKI MADOADOA !! Dear Hon. President Magufuli Last week, after the President’s meeting with John Thornton, we wrote a letter to you that we believe there is another agenda to Barrick’s...
9 Reactions
54 Replies
8K Views
Whoever messes up with the servants of God,messes up with God himself. The holy scriptures walk in the perfect line without wronging,the Bible says that, the servants of God are an eyeball of the...
13 Reactions
49 Replies
5K Views
I have come here in order to help resolve the problem and I assure the President that we are interested in sitting down and reaching a resolution which is a win win (A win for Tanzania and a win...
3 Reactions
48 Replies
6K Views
Back
Top Bottom